IWR e.V. mission statement
The IWR e.V. is a trade association for internationally active companies, entrepreneurs and business owners. We are the only trade association that focuses on the subject of international procurement. Our association is a member of Global Compact and we consider its principles as being the baseline of our actions.
We are the partner of international active German companies.
Germany is traditionally one of the strongest export nations of the world. Quality, customer orientation and speed are the key factors of success. Due to our consistent focus on the international markets, associations and networks, we provide an outstanding platform for companies, that are already acting internationally and willing to increase their chances in their actual markets. We support them in finding the opportunities for expansion into new markets.
We support our members by strengthening their position in their incumbent markets and increasing the awareness of their companies at national and international levels.
We create and develop international networks
As a result of the many high level contacts at the German chambers of commerce, the economic ministries and interest groups in different countries, as well as international associations, we create the ideal platform to protect the interests of our members at the level of political representatives and decision-makers.
We ensure in economically relevant high-level events and during individual counseling the network consolidation and expansion for the individual benefit of our members.
Our international procurement expertise and focus makes us unique in the setting of industrial associations
As a trade association with this unique focus in Germany, we are the know-how carrier in international procurements, particularly in the area of international organizations, such as the United Nations or NATO. To this end, we offer our members the transfer of knowledge and the necessary support.
Representing Global Compact
We are members of the Global Compact and adhere to its pronciples and guidelines. Our members should also follow the following guidelines:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses;
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour;
- the elimination of discrimination with respect to employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies;
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
We see ourselves linking different interests. Therefore, we do NOT build fronts between workers, employers, business or politics. Our actions are shaped by consensus and our sole task is to support our members in their business development.
IWR e.V. is the German platform for companies engaged in business contacts with international organizations.